Make Your Own Glitzy Tree Ornaments
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Christmas Trees and other Christmas Tree topics.
How can I make my own fancy ornaments?
Those fancy, glitzy Christmas tree decorations sure are beautiful but, truth be told, they can be pricey. The truth is, however, that you can create your own spectacular ornaments in your own home. To create these little masterpieces, follow the simple instructions below: You will need:
- Cookie sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Glass ball ornaments with removable metal caps
- 6-inch square Styrofoam block
- Drinking straws
- High-tack white glue
- Micro glitter in beautiful colors (silver or gold works well)
- Cover the cookie sheet with foil.
- Take the caps off of the balls and set them aside.
- Place the Styrofoam on the cookie sheet and place a few straws in it.
- Place a couple balls on the straws, cap side down
- Make designs on the sides of the balls using the glue.
- Sprinkle the glitter over the balls and allow to dry.
- Shake off the excess glitter and replace the caps.