Make Your Tree Lights Sparkle Like fresh Snow
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Christmas Trees and other Christmas Tree topics.
How can I liven up my Christmas tree lights?
Want to make your Christmas tree lights glitter and shine? With a touch of glitter and glue you can make your store-bought lights glint as though they are covered with fresh snow. Simply follow the instructions below:
You will need:
- Cookie sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Strand of lights with removable plastic collars
- Fine glitter
- Small bowl #4
- Natural-bristle paintbrush
- High-tack white glue
- Cover the cookie sheet with foil
- Remove the collars from the lights and place on cookie sheet
- Pour glitter into a bowl
- Apply a thin coat of glue to collars using the paintbrush
- Hold each collar over the bowl of glitter and sprinkle the glitter over the collar using the teaspoon—be sure to cover each side evenly
- Allow to dry
- Put collars back on the lights
*DO NOT use lights that are broken, cracked, frayed, have missing bulbs, or have loose or exposed wires. This could lead to electric shock or even cause a fire.