Drape Your tree with Gorgeous Rose Accents
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Christmas Trees and other Christmas Tree topics.
What is a creative decorating idea I can use to decorate my tree?
Half the fun of Christmas is decorating, want to make a beautiful accent to drape over your Christmas tree? How about some gorgeous silky roses cascading across that tree?
Here are some simple instructions that will enable you to create your own rose accents:
You will need:
- Wax paper
- Spray paint (color of your choice)
- Silk roses (same color as spray paint)
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- 5/8-inch-wide ribbon in coordinating color
- Cover clean, flat surface with wax paper and place clothespins on it.
- Apply a light coat of spray paint to the clothespins and let dry.
- Apply a second coat, let dry, then flip over and repeat on other side.
- Position clothespins hinge side up and hot glue roses to the hinges.
- Starting at the top of the tree, clip a rose onto a branch.
- Then, place the end of the ribbon in the pin.
- Drape the ribbon and apply a second rose pin.
- Continue this process until you have covered the tree with rose and ribbon accents.
- Then, cut off the remaining ribbon with the scissors.