Make Gilded Apples
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Christmas Trees and other Christmas Tree topics.
How can I decorate my tree in a unique way?
It's a popular idea that the first Christmas tree was decorated with apples. To embrace this idea, why not accent your tree with gorgeous, gilded apples?
To begin, decorate the tree in a way that will bring out the apples; use a gold and red theme and only use subtle decoration.
Next, create your apples:
You will need:
- Wax paper Aluminum roasting pan
- Water Metallic gold spray paint
- Red plastic-coated Styrofoam apples with stems
- 1/4 yard of coiled gold cording
- Cover a clean, flat workspace with wax paper.
- Fill the aluminum pan with water and set it down away from the wax paper.
- Spray some paint onto the water's surface.
- Roll the surface of each apple on the paint until covered—the paint should adhere to the apples in a spotty pattern (add more paint to the water as needed).
- Set apples on wax paper to dry.
- Create loops from the gold cording, attach to the apples stems, and hang apples from the tree.