Create Tiny Frosted Panes for Your Christmas Tree
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Christmas Trees and other Christmas Tree topics.
What is a creative ornament decorating idea?
There's nothing quite as beautiful as a frosted windowpane on a cold winter morning. Why not transform your Christmas tree ornaments into tiny little frosted windowpanes? The process is simple, just follow the steps below:
You will need:
- Wax paper
- Clear glass ornaments with removable metal caps
- Glass cleaner
- Paper towels
- Self-adhesive letters
- Square Styrofoam block
- Drinking straws
- Rubber gloves
- Etching cream
- Sponge brush
- Hand towel
- Spread wax paper on a flat, clean surface
- Remove the caps from the ornaments and set aside.
- Spray ornaments with the glass cleaner and wipe of all smudges and finger prints with a paper towel.
- Use the self-adhesive letters to spell out anything that you would like (Noel, X-mas, etc.).
- Place the Styrofoam block in the middle of the surface and insert a few drinking straws into it.
- Put on the rubber gloves then apply a thick coating of etching cream using the sponge brush. Let balls sit for 5 minutes.
- Still wearing the gloves, take the balls off of the straws and place under cool running water.
- Pat balls dry with towel and recap the ornaments.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.